Merge Scenarios provide flexibility when performing analysis by allowing you to copy data from one or more existing Scenarios into a new or existing Scenario.
You can use this to:
- Actualizing your Forecast by merging your Actuals data into your forecast
- Update the data in your finalized planning and budget Scenarios
⚠️ Scenarios cannot be merged with data over one year.
1. From the side navigation - under Inputs, select Dimensions to open the Dimensions page.
2. Click the Merge Scenarios button above the Dimensions table.
3. From the Destination Scenario dropdown, select an existing Scenario to merge data into or create a new Scenario by clicking Create New Scenario.
⚠️ A Destination Scenario cannot be write protected, write blocked, a Formula, or a parent Dimension.
4. From the Source Scenario, you will select the Scenario you want to copy data. Pick any Scenario that is not a Formula or a parent Dimension.
5. Select a Date Range for the Source Scenario.
You can select a Time Dimension or choose a custom range to pick a specific start and end date:
Click to add any additional date ranges you need.
6. (Optional) Select any additional Source Scenarios by clicking
7. Click the Save button to process the merge.
8. If there is already data in the Destination Source, you will be prompted with a warning message. Click the Overwrite data button to start the Merge or click the Cancel button to return to the configuration screen.
9. You will receive an email notification once the Merge Scenario process is complete.
Have ideas for making Merge Scenarios work even better for you? Tell our Product team!
Article is closed for comments.