Data tables provide a way to upload generic tables of data.
The uploaded CSV file should have values associated with your dimensions and attributes. The dimensions will determine where in the cube to store the data, and the attributes will be stored for use when drilling down into the data later
Headers must exist for the following data:
One for each top-level dimension of the company
One for the value to be stored in the cube
One for any attributes that should be uploaded with the data
There are two main types of data tables:
Generic data tables can bring in any data
Employee roster data tables which are used for importing jobs / payroll data
Note: Files must be in a .csv format with a size limit of 50MB.
How to Create a Data Table
1. On the Source Data page, click the Data Tables tab
2. Click Upload Data Table
3. Input a name for the data table
4. Select the Type. Based on the type, you'll have optional fields that can be checked.
Each Type contains the following option "
If this option is not selected, the data imported in this table for a specific cross-section can only be updated/modified via another import in this specific table.
[Optional] Create opening balances on upload - Select this option to upload Balance Sheet transactions that require opening balances.
When updating a historical balance sheet transaction, you will need to load all historical transactions to a data table for the opening balances to remain accurate.
Once you've filled in the relevant information, you can upload your file:
For Employee Roster
For the Employee Roster, there are pre-existing dimensions which required to be mapped to Cube dimensions.
5. Click to finish adding your table and map your Cube dimensions.
6. [Optional] If you have any attributes associated with your data:
Attributes are extra layers of detail stored at your row-level dimensions in a spreadsheet. They are utilized to add additional detail or an extra layer of granularity.
- On the Data Tables page, click Edit
- Click the Attributes tab
- Click Add New
- In the Name field, input the name of the attribute
- Click Add Attribute
- Repeat those steps 1-5 for each attribute you want to add
7. Now that your Data Table has been added - you can upload data anytime by selecting your Data Table and opening the Data Uploads tab.