A Formula Dimension is a dimension whose value is calculated based on other Cube dimensions.
Remember, Dimensions with one or more children (i.e., Parent Dimensions) cannot be Formulas.
In addition to that restriction, formulas cannot cross Top Level Dimensions. (i.e., an Account and a Department)
To create a dimension formula, navigate to your Cube Portal Dimension's page.
1. From the top-right of your Dimensions page, select
2. Add the relevant details: name, parent for it to live under, and any optional fields (account number, time rollup type, description, and/or tags)
3. Under Sources, select Formulas
4. Write your formula using parenthesis to cite the dimensions you want. Ex: "Revenue"-"Cost of Goods Sold"
If your dimension name shows red, it isn't matching a listed dimension. If it shows green, it matches.
5. Determine which scenario you'd like to apply your formula to, all or one specific scenario.
6. Select the rollup logic.
You'll receive a notification in Cube that this dimension has been added:
Have ideas on how to make Dimension Formulas work even better for you? Tell our Product team!