Have you ever tried mapping a Source Data dimension to a Cube dimension that doesn't yet exist? With the new Quick-add feature, you can add dimensions to your Cube hierarchy directly from the mapping page.
Setting the Stage
- Who am I?
- I'm an Accounting Associate at Sample Co. I maintain our GL and its mapping to Cube.
- What am I trying to do?
- Within the mapping page, map a new account to a new account in Cube.
- How would I do this?
Quick-add a Dimension
1. Navigate to your Source Data mapping page, which will be under 'Inputs' on the left side of the screen
2. Click on the View button and select Mapping
3. Click on any Cube Dimension dropdown menu
4. Click the icon to the right of the Cube Dimension field to prompt the Add Account Dimension
5. Input the name of the dimension into the Name field
6. Select the Parent of the new dimension
7. Once finished, click on in the bottom right corner
8. Click on in the top right