Cube's audit trail provides insights into data alterations over time, capturing changes made directly within the Web Portal, like syncs and flat file imports, or via the Spreadsheet Add-On, like data publishes.
Detailed audit trail in the Web portal
Click Audit Trail in the Web portal to see the date and type of each change, the team member responsible, and any accompanying message.
Filter by Team Member or Event Type to better understand who's driving changes and the results.
See additional details
You can open the specifics of each event for an in-depth look at the exact changes by selecting View Changes.
This comprehensive view of modifications details:
- Date when the data change occurred
- Team member who initiated the event that changed the data
- Event type indicates how the data was changed
- Message if included, provides any notes the team member included regarding the change
- Values Changed indicates how many values changed as a result of the event
If the changes are from a spreadsheet, whether Excel or Google, the Audit Trail page will also include the following:
- Document: The name of the file used to submit the data
- Sheet: The name of the specific sheet used to submit the data
- Software: Whether the data submitted was via Google Sheets or Excel
- URL: If the data is submitted via Google Sheets, a hyperlink to the sheet will be included
You can also see which dimensions were changed and their before and after values.
You can use the toggle to add more granular detail to show any applicable splits and attributes in additional columns.
Note: if changes arose from a Trial Balance Import, the details would include:
- Start Date: The lower parameter of the date range of the import
- End Date: The upper parameter of the date range of the import
Audit trail in the Spreadsheet add-on
The Mini-Audit Trail , accessed through the database icon in the Spreadsheet add-on, provides an overview of changes made by any Cube team members.
Click on an event to be directed to the Web portal for the full audit trail with additional details.