Create a Data Table for your Employee Rosters to quickly and easily map and load your employee roster from your HRIS system into Cube and get the data you need in your plans and reports.
If you've already added the table table, skip to the upload section.
Create Employee Roster Data Table
1. On the Source Data page, click the Data Tables tab.
2. If you have yet to add a Data Table, click Upload Data Table
If you've already added a Data Table, select the in the top right-hand corner
3. Input a name for the data table.
4. Set the Type to "Employee Roster."
5. [Optional] If you want to modify your Employee roster data after importing, select
⚠️ If this option is not selected, the data imported in this table for a specific cross-section can only be updated/modified via another import in this specific table.
6. [Optional] If you want to include Bonus and Commission amounts in your uploads, select the respective checkboxes.
8. Once the data table is added, click the Source Dimensions tab, then Map Dimensions to map the Employee Roster Dimension to the Cube Dimensions.
Please note: Create new Cube dimensions to map your Employee Roster Dimensions since you cannot overwrite the "Actuals" data in the account dimensions mapped to a live connection. For example, instead of mapping "Base Salary" to an existing account dimension "10100 - Salaries," in which data come from a live connection, create a new dimension "Base Salary."
9. Map each Source Dimension and click Save Mapping when finished. If you've yet to create the Dimension, use the quick-add dimension feature.
10. [Optional] If you have any attributes associated with your employee roster data (e.g. First Name, Last Name, Job Title, Manager, etc.), click Employee Roster in the snail trail, then select the Attributes tab:
- Click Add New
- In the Name field, input the name of the attribute
- Click Add Attribute
- Repeat those steps 1-5 for each attribute you want to add
Now that your Employee Roster connection has been configured, you can upload a CSV of your roster data for importing. To access the upload page:
- Click the Edit button on the Data Tables page
- Click the Data Uploads tab
This tab will show you the expected layout of your CSV, as it depends on how your specific Employee Roster file is configured. See below the headers required in your data file before importing it.
The headers highlighted in Blue are the standard ones. *Bonus and Commission are mandatory depending on your selection in Step 6.
- Please note: The accepted values for Employment Type are:
- For employees that are currently employed and do not have an "End Date," please enter a future date (example: 01/01/2050) as Cube does not recognize blank and requires a date.
- Employee ID is mandatory; therefore, if you do not currently have Employee IDs you must create a "Cube" ID for each employee you upload into Cube. Please maintain a record of the different Employee IDs created as any future changes (example: salary, end date) to employee information will be linked to that specific ID.
The ones highlighted in Orange correspond to the Top Level Dimension and are specific to your Cube.
Please note: The "Time" and "Account" dimensions are not required to be headers as they are covered in the mandatory ones such as "Start Date" and "End Date" for "Time" and "Salary" for "Account."
Finally, the headers highlighted in Green relate to the attributes created in Step 10.
Once you've confirmed that your CSV is configured properly:
- Click Upload Data File For Importing
- Input a name for the upload
- Click Upload to open our import wizard
- Click Upload data from file, then select the file you'd like to upload
- Follow the steps on the import wizard, then click Continue to complete your upload
Success! You'll receive an email once your employee roster file has finished uploading to Cube.