Empower your spreadsheet experience with the Cube spreadsheet add-on. This tool enables you to seamlessly integrate and work with Cube data in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. If you're new to the Cube ecosystem, here's what to expect:
- Fetch: Pull the most up-to-date data into your spreadsheet.
- Publish: Push new data to Cube for future analysis or sharing.
To get started, install the Spreadsheet add-on.
The Spreadsheet add-on has four main features that allow you to act efficiently, confidently, and consistently. This article will take a look at each in greater detail:
- Use Build to define the data you wish to interact with using Cube
- Analyze to learn more about your data
- Publish or push your data back to Cube
- Update Settings to customize your Spreadsheet add-on configuration to look and behave how you'd like
The Build functionality allows you to set up a Cube data range or slice of your data for your spreadsheet, essentially instructing Cube which data should be fetched or published.
- Select: Already have your spreadsheet columns and rows defined? Use Select to establish a new range quickly.
- New: Working with a blank slate? Use New and our intuitive drag-and-drop range builder to define your data set.
- Open: Access previously saved templates or reports in Cube through the Open option, pulling them straight from your library.
Dive deep into your data with the Analyze feature.
- Drilldown: Explore the intricate details of a specific data cross-section in your spreadsheet by drilling into a cell to open transaction or event data.
- Validate: Ensure your spreadsheet column or rows align with Cube dimensions using validation, preventing potential fetch errors.
The Publish feature lets you push data back into Cube, ensuring updated data is available for other users or subsequent analyses.
- Publish Data: Introduce fresh data to Cube by updating your defined scenario(s).
- Publish Templates: Save the specified range to Cube for later use or sharing.
- Set attributes: Add a layer of context to your data during publishing, incorporating attributes or other non-Cube dimensional data right from your spreadsheet.
Access a range of functionalities straight from the Spreadsheet add-on's top bar:
- Settings: Dive into the Web portal, explore the help center, provide feedback, tweak your add-on settings, or view backend Cube processes.
- Mini Audit Trail: Track recent modifications and data fetches in Cube. For an exhaustive record, access the complete audit trail in the Web portal.
- Change Cubes: Working with multiple Cubes? Toggle between them as needed.
- Currency: Adjust the currency per your requirements and oversee conversion rates (availability based on plan).
- Update the Spreadsheet add-on
- Add multiple ranges to one sheet
- Customize the Spreadsheet add-on
- Import data to Cube
Got innovative ideas to enhance the Spreadsheet add-on? We'd love to hear! Tell our Product team!