Create a Tag to build an alternate hierarchy and roll-up in Cube without impacting your standard chart of accounts. Then, fetch that data into your report for further planning.
For example, use tags to create reports by budget owners.
Mutsu is responsible for the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success departments. Since these are organized as separate dimensions in the standard department hierarchy, you create a tag that combines the three for Mutsu so you can fetch the data into your spreadsheet to see Mutsu's total budget.
Learn more by watching the video below or read on for step-by-step instructions.
To create a Tag, navigate to the Tags page in your Cube Portal.
1. Click on the blue “+ New” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Add a name, specify the top-level dimension, and add the dimensions you'd like to group in your Tag. Once complete, click
You have successfully added a Tag and are ready to fetch data in your spreadsheet by citing the tag name in the relevant column.
3. Add the tag's name to your spreadsheet, update your range, and fetch the data.
In the screenshot below, you can see the first range includes the new tag we created that sums the three departments in the second range.
- How to Add Tags to Dimensions
- What To Do If a Tag or Formula Isn't Recalculating
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Cube Portal