Create a formula for an account, but only for a designated scenario. This feature is helpful if you want to Forecast an account using a formula but still want it's Actuals data coming from a GL.
Gross Margin = Revenue - COGS
Forecastscenario, maybe you want to do something like more in-depth:
Gross Margin = MONTHS_AGO(Revenue, 12) * 1.5 - MONTHS_AGO(COGS, 12) * 1.3
Formula 1 will apply to two scenarios:
10 Departments * 24 Times * 2 Scenarios = 480 intersections
Formula 2 will apply for one scenario:
10 Departments * 24 Times * 1 Scenario = 240 intersections
Then, when Cube calculates the values for Gross Margin, if the scenario is
Budget Cube will use Formula 1. If it’s
Forecast, we’ll use Formula 2.
Creating a Scenario-Based Formula
1. Click Formulas on the left-hand side under Inputs
2. Click on the
3. A pop-out window will appear on the right. Name the Formula and Select the Parent Scenario from the dropdown menu
4. Write your formula using "quotation marks" around Cube dimensions or select the populating dimension name from the selection. See the table of operations supported.
5. In the Apply To dropdown menu, select the scenario you'd like the formula to be associated with
🗣️Formulas cannot be applied to Actuals Scenario, as it has write protection.
6. Click Save Formula to save your changes
Need further support writing formulas? See this article.