Avoid updating multiple spreadsheet formulas by automating standard calculations with Cube Formulas.
Cube Formulas allow values to be calculated based on changes to values associated with your Cube Dimensions.
For example, calculate Gross Profit by creating a formula in Cube that subtracts 'Cost of Goods Sold' from 'Revenue'
1. Go to your Cube Portal
2. Select 'Formulas' on the left-hand side in the navigation bar
3. Click in the top right-hand corner
4. Name your formula
5. Select a dimension Parent from the dropdown menu provided.
Grab data at any level, everything under a top-level dimension or from a specific child dimension:
6. Write your formula using "quotation marks" around Cube dimensions or select the populating dimension name from the selection. See the table of operations supported.
The background color will turn green if the text you input matches a Cube dimension. If the dimension name is mistyped, it'll show red.
7. By default, it's set to All Scenarios. Click the drop-down to select a specific scenario or proceed to step 8.
⚠️ Formulas cannot be applied to mapped dimensions in the Actuals scenario, as they have write protection.
8. Determine your rollup logic. Rollup logic determines the calculation order:
- To sum up the components of each "quoted dimension" and then perform the calculation, select Sum leaf values, then calculate
- To first calculate the values across "quoted dimensions" and then sum it's parts, choose Calculate leaf values, then sum
9. (Optional) Select a rollup account type: sum, average, or balance
10. Once you've completed each step, click
You can recalculate, edit, or clear a formula at any time:
|Add||+||"Revenue" + "Discounts"|
|Subtract||-||"Revenue" - "COGS"|
|Multiply||*||"Revenue" * 3|
|Divide||/||"COGS" / 2|
|Exponent||^||"Churn" ^ 2|
|Months Ago**||<MONTHS_AGO("_",# months)>||<MONTHS_AGO("Principal",1)>|
|Running Total**||<RUNNING_TOTAL("_")>||<RUNNING_TOTAL("New ARR")>|
|Year to Date**||<YEAR_TO_DATE("_")>||<YEAR_TO_DATE("New ARR")>|